Summary of Proposal
Devcon 6 is in 2021, a small virtual version on 2020 can help to test streaming, consensus rules on talks, and anything that could help to improve the experience for next year's physical event.
The community did many improvements this year: EIP-1159, Medalla Testnet, Reddit Scaling Bakeoff, multiple launches. The idea is to share this year's advances while testing some features that can be implemented on Devcon 6.
Motivation & Rationale
- Testing tools that can be used on Devcon 6
- The community will still be engaged and learn from this year and what is coming soon
- A virtual event can allow people from all over the world to participate in this edition
- Multiple events had been online this year, Ethereal, Edcon, and some ETH Global hackathons.
- Get speakers
- Create a lineup
- Use consensus tool for creating the agenda, rooms and selecting speakers
- Gather feedback for next year
Operational Requirements & Ownership
- What actions are required to implement the proposal at Devcon?
Share with the community, define what we want to test on this virtual edition, define how big we want this event.
- Who will be responsible for the proposal to be implemented effectively? (i.e. working on Day 0)
The Devcon Team and the Community
- What other projects could this proposal be integrated with? (Bonus points for collaboration across teams :))
Other community events like Eth Global, POAP.
Links & Additional Information
- Ethereal Summit: https://www.etherealsummit.com/
- Edcon: https://edcon.io/
- ETH Global Hackathon: https://www.ethonline.org/